Thursday, March 18, 2010

Noah O Exclusize Interview w/ HipHopVA


Noah O, the captain of the Charged Up boat, sat down with HipHopVA today and gave up this exclusive interview into the things of Charged Up Enterprise. With the release of Charged Up's newest 'New Money' Mixtape, and its acquisition of a well known studio in Richmond, Noah O and Charged Up are looking to place themselves amongst the high rolling teams running in and out of the 804. Enjoy this exclusive interview and listen to Noah O's newest single 'I Wanna Live Good.'

New Single
'I Wanna Live Good' ft. Fire Marshall Skrill - Listen Here

Q. How Long Have You Been Rapping? Name Some Major Accomplishments?

A. I started writing when I was 15. I was 16 when I started recording. At about 17 I ended up going to VA Randolph where I met Vell & Fire Marshall Skrill. The three of us became Divine Sonz. The week I met Vell they performed on BET's Teen Summit. Seeing them perform made me realize that it was possible to pursue this as a career. My biggest accomplishment so far I would say has been participating in Scribble Jam, TJ's DJ's Record Pool, meeting with several label A&R's and being mentioned in Ozone Magazine. All of these are stepping stones towards my long term goals and have kept me motivated by seeing that I have what it takes to be mentioned with the greats and those in the game.

Q. To This Day What Past Rapper Still Inspires You?

A. I am influenced by music and everyday life. At one point or another every Hip Hop star has had his or her impacts, but just the culture itself inspires me. From the way we dress, talk, dance, all the way to the music itself. It’s funny because I have hip hop kids now too. My parents put me in a talent show at when I was seven as "The Fat Boys," and I grew up watching my cousin wear a Raiders starter in California bumping Too Short & NWA. All this molded me into the artist I am today. I can actually remember watching "Strapped" at age 10. [Laughs] I am Hip Hop.

Q. Any guest appearances to look out for on the New Album?

A. On "TRILLmatic2" I have my whole Charged Up family: Official Freeze, Fire Marshall Skrill, Big Ty and a few others. It features production by our super producer Fire Marshall Skrill, Big Boyz Productions, Beat Renegades, Mikki Kawane & Kleph Dollaz.

Q. What is Your Plans For The Future?

A. For the Future I just plan on doing the best I can to bring my best music to the table. Our camp is trying to wean the listens off this fast food music. Ideally, I would love to stay independent, tour like the rock groups, and put out albums whenever I felt like it. I want to bring that spotlight to VA as a scene and help develop new talent, make sure we have lasting relationships with the venues we perform at and continue to bring live Hip Hop on a consistent basis with shows, MC battles & producer.

Q.
What are your future plans for sticking around in this business of music?

A. My thing is to diversify so I'm not being labeled strictly as an artist. Even when I'm not putting out new material, I still keep my hand in the music whether working on new music or putting on events like "The Rebirth" so other artists can shine. Also moving forward I would like to be involved in more community work like "VyAy Day" or using my talent to help others. I understand however that you have to be great at one thing before you can master another, or else you’re just "alright" across the board.

Q. I hear acting is something that you want to eventually pursue?

A. One day maybe.[Laughs] For real that's way way down the line. I don't want to play with it and be an awful actor in a straight to DVD hood flick or something. I don't like to do anything unless I'm giving it my best and that acting is an art form that requires really immersing yourself and becoming that role. I want to give a shoutout to Johnny Depp and Robert Deniro too. Those dude get it done. Ideally, I would like a career like Ice Cube's. He has successfully done movies and still puts out good music independently keeping the majority of his profits.

Q. What Does Charged Up Enterprise Mean To You?

A. Basically, it’s a group of individuals moving in unity & loyalty towards a common goal. We believe in success in whatever we touch. This is the definition of Charged Up. It is an idea, bigger than a company or LLC. Like America. America is an idea as long as America is what it was it intended to be it will survive. Once you are so far gone from where you started then it loses its meaning. It has to be right for the right reasons. Meaning its not about money, success or becoming a rap star. It is a way to make a way from no way. Without God none of this is possible or worth pursuing.

Q. What’s been your biggest Hip-Hop moment so far?

A. So far I don't feel one moment was more important than another, I believe success and building a name/career is a string of accomplishments that over time make up a bigger picture. One day when I'm much further along than now, ill probably has better answer

Q. What do you foresee for yourself five to ten years down the road?

A. 5-10 years from now...wow...life is so crazy right now I'd like to be retired from rap living in my dream house, laughing over a good meal with my family and my closest friends. Ima want to look back on these times and say "Man, you remember when we was struggling." I'd like to own a restaurant and rent out a few properties so I can make sure all my family is living good.

Q. Any last minute message you want to relay to the listeners?

A. Believe in God and believe in yourself. We are living in a time where people are so negative. Not only will they shoot down your dreams, but they will shoot you down for just having the courage to dream and act on it. Don't hesitate or blame others for your downfall go and get what you want. If it doesn't work, rethink your strategy and try again. I was fortunate to have family from overseas, so the thought of "The American Dream" is fresh to me, there are people in Haiti, Mexico all over this world who die to make it here to these shores and have just the opportunity to make it in life. We have that here; time is short don't ever take this gift of life for granted.

Word - (HipHopVA)

No comments:

Post a Comment